Bobby P…ridin’ dirty. [HT: TigerDroppings]
Here we are in day 4, or 7, or 10…I dont really even know at this point, of Friends of the Petrino on the site, and theres really not much to say other than thing are going from bad to worse as people dig through the phone records, and there’s no real reason to think that more stuff isn’t going to come out in, say, the next 24 to 48 hours. Nevertheless, heres what we’ve learned in the last day or so.
- As you can see from above, there’s a new woman in the mix. Her name is Alison Melder from Little Rock, but I like to call her by her more official title…Miss Motorcycle Mania 2008. Petrino texted her over 200 times in a 2 month period and even exchanged several picture messages. Im sure she was just sending him modeling photos in order to get some tips on wardrobe and lighting. She’s also a part-time employee of the Arkansas Republican party, which, given the political swingin’ history of Arkansas politics, seems about right. Here’s her Facebook and Twitter (sadly, she doesn’t follow @SummerofMallett) if you feel like you need to make friends with her. The rest is over at… [Deadspin]
- The University released some texts from Petrino to certain members of the Athletic administration, including AD Jeff Long. They reveal a man who was very concerned about losing his job and was willing to do “whatever it takes” to keep it. Also, he was really worried about the University finding the “content” on his phone, which given what we know now, was a pretty decent concern. [ArkSports360]
- There are a lot of theories out there about what really happened…including one that includes the jilted fiance of Jessica Dorrell, along with friends, beating up Bobby Petrino. The theory infers that the motorcycle crash is a cover up for the beating and that that would explain why Dorrell wasn’t hurt. This sounds like a fun alternative ending if it were not for the unassociated witnesses like the couple who picked the two up on the side of the road.
- Jeff Long is being pretty transparent about the hiring process on his Twitter feed. He says he hasn’t talked to anyone about the job and hasn’t decided on who the interim will be. [Twitter]
- I was mining the hell out of a Petrino/North Korea Rocket joke. LandThieves beat me to it [Twitter]
- LSUFreek is just the best [Twitter]
- What, you ask, is the level of importance that the local Spanish speaking community and media in Northwest Arkansas is putting on the Petrino story? Well, as you can see below, it’s The Crucifixion of Jesus, cute dog pictures on Facebook, and Bobby Petrino…not necessarily in that order.